For a size 18 months I did the following:
- sewed 5 strips together longways. cut them down to 17" on the crease of the strips. iron seams down towards the bottom hem.
- took 2 strips (17" on the crease) and sewed them short sides together to make the ruffle. I ironed it in half long ways. Then used my handy ruffler foot to make the ruffle.
- Sewed the ruffle to the bottom of the skirt.
- Took a stretch t-shirt and cut off a piece 17 x 2" on the finished bottom end and sewed it to make a waist band.
- gather the skirt and sew it to the waist band stretching as you go. All done.